Wednesday 4 November 2009

An idea on advertising...

I rode the bus today. Something I like to do every once and awhile. It's amazing what kind of personalities you see and can use in your writing.

Anyway, along the bus stops, there are free daily newspapers that the poor riders can pickup and mindlessly read while pretending they are not worried the person next to them will rob them. That being said, I picked up that daily paper and read it. It's not a large newspaper but it is widely circulated. People who ride public transport -- read. And almost all, read that daily paper.

That's when the idea hit me.

Recently, I read work by an author who wrote short short-stories about her car. She asked me what she should do with them.  I gave her a few ideas: contests, self-publishing, etc. Today, I thought, why not publish them in the paper? Now, they may not want to waste space publishing them in the space they use to write their articles ... but what about writing them in an advertising space.

I don't know what it costs to advertise in these papers but if you have a novel out already and you want to get your name out there to a greater number of people, advertise your book by way of an excerpt from your book or a short story or poem you wrote.

Anyways, these are just ideas.

ann

0 comments: