Saturday 19 December 2009

Thanks Corra for the Recommendation: 2010 Book Challenge

Corra over at from the desk of a writer joined a book challenge. For me, I can't back down when challenged so I thought I would challenge myself.

Now, I live in a land far far away from any bookstore or library so I will do my reading thanks to Kindle and Gutenburg. But, I will attempt to read six books this year which is lofty because I also review and edit many novels also.

Here are my six (one every two months):



Fever of the Bone1.) Fever of the Bone by Val McDermid - My favorite modern mystery writer.


David Copperfield (Modern Library Classics)






2.) David Copperfield by Charles Dickens





Howards End (Barnes & Noble Classics)3.) Howards End by E.M Forester



Mrs. Dalloway





4.) Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf



The Spy Who Came in From the Cold 5.) The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carre

The Death of the Heart 6.) The Death of the Heart (1938) by Elizabeth Bowen


I think I will start January and February with: Howards End.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some great titles here! I added a couple to my Goodreads list.

I might have to come up with two more titles for my 2010 list. I fear I'll finish off 1 and 2 before 2009 ends. :)

Ann Elle Altman said...

I found some these titles from the Times 100 best novel's list.

ann