Wednesday 16 December 2009

Wanna great idea?


Remember I was trying to come up with ways to publish my book a non-conventional way?

Well, I'm not the only one with the idea. Here's a great one: It's called BLOGSPLASH!







This is from her website found here: http://www.fionarobyn.com/thawblogsplash.htm

Thaw Blogsplash - I need your help!


Ruth is 32 and she doesn't know if she wants to be 33. She commits to writing a journal for three months before she make her final decision.
Ruth's diary is my novel, Thaw, and on March the 1st 2010 I will start blogging the entire thing here.
I'd like as many people as possible to hear about the opportunity to read Thaw for free. I'm asking bloggers to participate in a Blogsplash on the 1st of March 2010. They'll publish the first page of Ruth's diary on their blogs, with a link on the bottom to my blog so people can continue reading.
If you're a blogger and you'd like to join in, email me at fiona@fionarobyn.com or leave a comment here. Once you're on the list I'll add your blog to Friends of Thaw.
If you'd like to read Thaw online, put your email in the box below and sign up to 'Fiona Robyn's Quarterly Newsletter' and I'll send you a reminder just before it gets going.
If anyone has any other ideas for getting the word out (i.e. if you want to interview me or if you have any contacts in the media) I'd love to hear from you.
Thank you, wonderful bloggers and blogreaders.

So, you help out a fellow writer and you get mentioned in your blog which in turn increases traffic to your own books. WIN, WIN!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard about this over at Daisy Whitney's blog. An interesting idea. I might take part. :)

Ann Elle Altman said...

I think it's an interesting idea. Over two hundred have signed up...if only those people bought the book, it's sold more than 1.5 million of the books published last year.

ann